We provide housing solutions that help people go from homeless to homeownership, every step of the way. We do this with a Housing-First approach, where our top priority is to immediately get families and individuals into safe housing and then supporting them further from there.
Homeless to Housing
Our Homeless to Housing program includes:
- Rental Assistance—this is rent assistance and support for rapid rehousing and permanent supportive housing. Our clients for these services typically include individuals and families, veterans, people with disabilities, and very-low-income families.
- Travelers Aid—a relocation service to a safe, supportive location via Greyhound bus voucher. These e-services are typically offered to victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, people who have suffered a medical crisis, or individuals leaving jail.
Our asset building program provides clients with:
- Education—education for first-time home buyers, with access to down payment assistance, how to set a roadmap to be mortgage ready, and how to make smart choices on services
- Counseling—counseling to avoid foreclosure, and connections to mortgage relief resources
- Free Tax Preparation—Tax preparation and filing assistance through our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
- Financial Empowerment Workshops—classes on financial literacy, understanding credit scores, and setting & obtaining goals for financial security