We provide housing solutions that help people go from homeless to homeownership, every step of the way. We do this with a Housing-First approach, where our top priority is to immediately get families and individuals into safe housing and then supporting them further from there.
Homeless to Housing
Our Homeless to Housing program includes:
- Rental Assistance—this is rent assistance and support for rapid rehousing and permanent supportive housing. Our clients for these services typically include individuals and families, veterans, people with disabilities, and very-low-income families.
- Travelers Aid—a relocation service to a safe, supportive location. These e-services are typically offered to survivors of domestic violence or human trafficking, people who have suffered a medical crisis, or individuals leaving jail.
- Avoiding foreclosure—counseling to avoid foreclosure, and connections to mortgage relief resources
Our asset building program provides a continuum of services for individuals and families to become—and stay—a homeowner:
- Get the Facts —this is the first step for anyone interested in buying a home but doesn't know where to start. This is a free educational class for buyers before they begin the purchasing journey.
- Financial Empowerment: Homeownership Program —for those who want more information, there is a complete homeownership program. These classes show how to access down payment assistance, improve credit scores, and make smart choices when choosing a home and a lender. Classes also cover the ongoing costs of homeownership, such as mortgage payments, insurance, and maintenance.
- Financial Empowerment: One-on-One Counseling Sessions—in these customized sessions we help our customers throughout the home-buying process, including guidance on determining their pricing range for a house and how to find the best loan.
- Free Tax Preparation—Seasonal tax preparation and filing assistance through our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program